The last shadows of 2014. Long live the new year!
Thank you, 2014 – a year in which I:
- Made new friends
- Said a few goodbyes – some expected, some not
- Did a lot of running. My relationship with running is on the rocks right now, so it’s astonishing to me that I trained for and ran about twelve events, including three half-marathons
- Went on some wonderful trips – Tahoe, Truckee, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Vancouver, Yosemite
- Navigated a surgery and came out practically unscathed. The bark was way bigger than the bite
- Took a big, long vacation
I’m seeing some friends pick a “word of the year” as we get ready to turn the giant hourglass. I didn’t have a word in mind for 2014. Looking back, the word that sums up my year is “indulgence”. I indulged myself in so many ways this year:
- Dates with friends and family
- Perfecting my life as a kitty
- Exploring new activities – drawing, journaling, volunteering, beer appreciation (I learned I like IPAs)
I also indulged myself in some not-so-positive ways: whining, wallowing, lethargy, sloth. I indulged myself in not doing anything that I didn’t want to do. That sounds great, but the list of what I DO want to do didn’t auto-populate. How strange. Something wrong in the configuration, or I don’t understand how the feature works.
I have so much to look forward to in 2015! I don’t know what those things are yet. So my word for 2015 is “open”. Open to insights, adventures, clarity, and joy. Open to trying new items on a “go do / go discover” list that I create. Open to hearing the sound of my own inner wisdom, and open to trusting myself.
Thank you for your friendship, for your cheers and love, for being lights on my path! Raising my glass to toast the best to you in 2015!