(From March 13, 2015)
Hahahaaa!! If I used Pinterest more, I’d post this as a #fail. This recipe looked simple enough, but nooooo…. I learned a bunch of things though. I might be willing to try again. I’d better – I have a Costco-sized bag of avocados.
– Scoop out more avocado before adding the egg. I thought I scooped out enough. Nope.
– The recipe says to put the avos in a baking dish and get a tight fit. That’s so the avos stay upright and the egg doesn’t spill out.
– My eggs runneth over immediately when I cracked them into the avos. That caused a nice, glazy skin to form. #fail
– The avo skin gets very soft after being baked for 15-20 minutes. And they are quite hot. I was not willing to hold the “food item” with one hand and scoop with the spoon. I ended up peeling the avo skin off and knife-and-forking it. Since the egg had skinned over, it did not mind being manhandled.
– Taste: It tasted like warm avo and egg. Big whoop. Haaa!!
One thought on “Test Kitchen: Baked Egg in Avocado”
I love the photo comparison… It somewhat does look just a bit different 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person